- (3/4 cup) White Sugar
- (1/4 cup) Cornstarch
- (1/4 teaspoon) Salt
- (3 cups) Milk
- (4) Egg Yolks
- (1 teaspoon) Vanilla
- (2 tablespoons) Butter
- (1 cup (or more based on preference)) Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1) Whisk white sugar, salt and cornstarch together in a pot.
2) Mix together, in a separate bowl, milk and egg yolks until well combined. Add this slowly, into the pot of dry ingredients, whisking to mix well.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly for approximately 8-10 mins until it thickens to the consistency of pudding.
4)Once it is thick, remove from heat, and stir in butter, vanilla and chocolate chips.
5) Pour into small servicing size bowls (or one medium sized bowl) and lay plastic wrap across the surface. Be sure the wrap is touching all areas of the surface to prevent a "skin" from forming.
6) Put in the refrigerator for a couple hours or until chilled. Then remove the plastic wrap and enjoy.